Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Say Hello to My Little Friend...

Since the weather is getting nice, I decided to take my beautiful Black Magic off of the wall in the garage and get her tuned up at the bike shop. She came back to me smooth as silk, so I just had to take her out on the road yesterday. Boy, it felt great! I was a little nervous at first, since I haven't been on my road bike since last September/October. I didn't dare try to use my cycling shoes! However, I took a 30 minute ride around the neighborhood and managed not to fall, got my heart rate going pretty good, and overall felt pretty comfortable on my bike again after I got used to switching gears again. I then came home and did a short STS weight workout. I was pretty tired, but I've been falling behind on my strength training routines. I've just been exhausted lately. However, yesterday I felt pretty good, and I was carrying around alot of stress, so getting outside and soaking up the sun was a welcome stress reliever.

I'm looking forward to warm days here and to riding Black Magic more often. I love that bike. It was a worthwhile investment last year! (BTW - am also LOVING the Vitamix :-) ).

Let's see what the rest of this week brings. I plan to get a few more KB workouts in, as I've been doing a little bit every other day, depending on my energy levels.

No comments: