Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Some Updates...

So, I've fallen by the wayside on my challenge. The past 2 weeks have been emotionally draining for me. I received some bad news regarding my own progress. My adrenals are crashing yet again, which explains why I've been so tired lately, along with some other discouraging news. I've had a ton of doctors appointments over the past 2 weeks. I'm trying to keep my spirits high and not feel like giving up. I hate this because I feel like I am not in control. I work hard, I eat properly most of the time, and I feel sad that I'm back to square one.

Anyway, I obviously haven't had my heart into finishing my kettlebell challenge (nor the energy). I've been confronted with life's challenges instead. Anyway, I'm currently doing a 30-day detox/cleanse per the advice of my doctor. I approached her about doing a detox because I've been on so many supplements/meds over the past 10 months, that I felt like my system needed a break; she agreed.

So..my message today is to remind you to be encouraged. Life will beat you up and bring you down sometimes. You have to be strong enough to resist being negative, depressed, or bitter. Through it all, I try to remember that this is all a journey, one that has been pre-determined for me. My job is to handle things as gracefully as I can, and to have faith that I am never being given more than I can handle. Faith will get me through and today's test is an opportunity to become a testimony. I might be a little sad, but I have to focus on healing on the inside. There are many others in this world who are worse off, so I am grateful for where I am today. I am thankful that my adrenal exhaustion and other ailments are not terminal and that there will be a tomorrow (God willing).

Bringing it back to the kettlebell challenge: if you are feeling strong & determined, please do keep pressing on. Mippachan, Suzie-Q, and Corinney are all doing so well, and I couldn't be more proud of them!!

Live strong!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nia you are my inspiration!!! I'm so sad to read your news, but so driven by your positive attitude. It's life lessons such as this that I've learned from you, and you have no idea how much you've helped keep me strong (mentally and physically). I'm always proud of you. Btw- I only completed 16 days of the challenge :o(. My goal is to beat that next round :o). Luv ya!!!- Melissa