Monday, August 22, 2011

A New Challenge

Well, we have a corporate health challenge going on at work for the next 6 weeks.  I signed up to participate in 2 events - the 9 mile bike race and the 5K.  I'm looking forward to both events. I am a bit nervous, but it's nice to have an end goal and event in mind.  I also decided to pick two events at which I am somewhat apprehensive. Might as well use this is as a chance to conqueror a little internal obstacle while improving my functional fitness.  I've been wanting to participate in an organized bike event for quite some time. I figured this distance wouldn't be too bad to start out with.  I signed up for the 5K to see if I can try to find some enjoyment in jogging.  I will do a mixture of walking and jogging, but I'm still kind of excited about it.

In addition to these things, I've started working out at Metroflex again.  I'm focusing on my own training & development for the last part of this year.  I feel like things are finally coming together for my personal goals, and the chronic stress has subsided.  I feel happy, balanced, and mentally focused.  Now is my time.  Let's see what the next 5 months will bring...dedicated training, consistent eating, and nothing will get in my way.

Long-term goal is Figure 2012...Bring. It. On.  :-)

Anyway, today's training consisted of:
Early Morning/Empty Stomach Cardio (30 mins)
Evening Resistance Training: Legs

I'll start my new (updated) diet tomorrow.  I am not eating enough, hence my lack of weight loss progress. Time to get focused and eat like a competitor.

Yesterday marked a huge milestone for me. I actually rode 11.5 miles on my bike. I was nervous because I did the whole thing on the road.  However, I went early in the morning, and I LOVED every minute of it. It's so much different than my spin bike. I was tired, but happy. In the evening, I did some jogging on my treadmill (2.2 miles).  I have 4 weeks until the bike race, 5 weeks until the 5K, and I'm giving myself 16 weeks to see how close I can come to my personal goals.

Fitgirl is back with a vengence...

No comments: