Sunday, October 12, 2008

Train, Train, Train

Well, I've decided not to compete this year. I've had way too many (albeit good) distractions and not enough time to train or diet properly. Soooooo...time to develop a new game plan. I'm going to do the first show in 2009 (March). In the mean time, I want to spend the rest of 2008 getting back into my kettlebell practice and focusing on improved overall metabolic conditioning. I will continue coaching Spinning classes 2x/week, which I love. I'll also continue to train with Jerry 2x/week doing traditional weight training, but my focus will be to get in 4 days of kettlebell or conditioning work per week, plus cardio. I might try Alwyn's Afterburn program, as I really enjoyed his Warp Speed Fat Loss program; I haven't really decided yet. I'm getting my groove back in many different avenues, and am ready to focus on my personal development. I'm happier and not putting as much emphasis on competing, which was beginning to stress me out and take away the joy of lifting.

Hope that everyone's doing well!! Keep training hard. I'll get back to more regular blog updates this month :-) Thanks to all of my friends for your well wishes and encouragement.

1 comment:

Rob O'Brien said...

Nia,

Glad things are going well. I hope the good times continue!

Best,
Rob