- You CAN accomplish your goals, regardless of your situation.
- It WILL NOT be easy.
- It WILL NOT be fast.
- You must be HONEST with yourself and ACCEPT where you are today.
- You MUST enjoy the journey and TRUST the process.
- It HELPS to build the right team. For me, this includes a personal wellness coach, support system, and journaling.
- You MUST find what works for you.
- You MUST listen to your body.
- I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to memorialize your progress. During my heaviest weight, I despised taking photographs. However, doing so has really helped me recognize my accomplishment thus far. I wish that I would have taken more pictures and measurements, as painful as it is for me to do that.
- BELIEVE, BELIEVE, BELIEVE in yourself. DO NOT GIVE UP, no matter how insurmountable the goal or progress may be. You will get there - small steps, big steps - it all moves you closer.
- BONUS TIP! I learned this from @IyanlaVanzant. This tip really resonated with me because, in being 100% honest with myself, this tip was where I was lacking and in need of the most. Ready for it? Here it is, and it's simple. CONSISTENTLY DO YOUR WORK and HONESTLY OWN YOUR ACTIONS. I realized that I kept falling into the trap of constantly reminding myself what I "used" to do and the results that those former actions "used to" produce. I would try something for a week or two, not see marked progress, and then give up. It wasn't until I was CONSISTENT and COMMITTED to my program that I began seeing results. The difference is that I began DO-ing my WORK CONSISTENTLY.
Wednesday, January 30, 2013
FitGirl's Top 10 "You Can Do It" Tips
In my last post, I provided a personal update. In doing so, I hope to remind you that it is possible to restore faith and confidence in yourself, even if you've given up.
Posted by Fitgirl-ATX at 8:41 AM