Wednesday, January 30, 2013

FitGirl's Top 10 "You Can Do It" Tips

In my last post, I provided a personal update. In doing so, I hope to remind you that it is possible to restore faith and confidence in yourself, even if you've given up.
  1. You CAN accomplish your goals, regardless of your situation.
  2. It WILL NOT be easy.
  3. It WILL NOT be fast.
  4. You must be HONEST with yourself and ACCEPT where you are today.
  5. You MUST enjoy the journey and TRUST the process.
  6. It HELPS to build the right team. For me, this includes a personal wellness coach, support system, and journaling.
  7. You MUST find what works for you.
  8. You MUST listen to your body.
  9. I HIGHLY ENCOURAGE you to memorialize your progress.  During my heaviest weight, I despised taking photographs.  However, doing so has really helped me recognize my accomplishment thus far. I wish that I would have taken more pictures and measurements, as painful as it is for me to do that.
  10. BELIEVE, BELIEVE, BELIEVE in yourself. DO NOT GIVE UP, no matter how insurmountable the goal or progress may be. You will get there - small steps, big steps - it all moves you closer.
  11. BONUS TIP! I learned this from @IyanlaVanzant. This tip really resonated with me because, in being 100% honest with myself, this tip was where I was lacking and in need of the most. Ready for it? Here it is, and it's simple.  CONSISTENTLY DO YOUR WORK and HONESTLY OWN YOUR ACTIONS.  I realized that I kept falling into the trap of constantly reminding myself what I "used" to do and the results that those former actions "used to" produce. I would try something for a week or two, not see marked progress, and then give up. It wasn't until I was CONSISTENT and COMMITTED to my program that I began seeing results. The difference is that I began DO-ing my WORK CONSISTENTLY.
Now, go out there and accomplish your goals.  Every day gets you closer.

No comments: