Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Is it 2013 already?

Wow, 2012 is over and 2013 is upon us already. I just returned from a much needed vacation.  I went to the beautiful state of Hawaii for some R&R, and it was just what I needed.  Here's an update on everything that's been going on with me fitness wise:
* 2012 presented me with further challenges with my overall health, which impacted my overall happiness
* Joined a 12-month on-line wellness coaching program that is really helping me to restore my self-confidence. After a bout of unexplained weight gain in the late summer/early fall months, the tide started to shift for me in October
* I was cast in an exercise DVD series in October! We had 6 weeks to prepare for filming, and during those 6 weeks, I lost a solid 15 pounds!!
* Finished the year by losing 31 pounds total between Oct 1 - Dec 31, 2012.
* Most important accomplishment of 2012: I started to believe in myself again. I stopped putting unncessary pressure on myself and simply respected my body for enduring the super stressful periods from 2007-2012.  In reviewing it all, I have no idea how my body was able to keep me afloat, but it did. Endure in times of hardship (mental, physical, emotional).  I actually took (another) break from training others to truly focus on healing myself.  That has been the magic ticket. I MISS actively working with clients and teaching spinning classes, but I have to heal the inside and rebuild the outside before I will feel ready to teach again and take on clients.

That being the case, 2013 finds me EXCITED and READY to accomplish new (and old) goals.  I realized that I was putting so much pressure on myself to try to compete, but my body was simply not capable of doing so at the time.  I was in denial and tried to push prematurely, and that was just a downward spiral of trial, error, and disappointment. I can honestly say that I'm healed and ready. I have an amazing team in place and will start journaling via my blog more often this year. I've missed allowing my fitness friends to read my rumblings about my journey.

Please let me know what's going on in your world and what you'd like to see from me in 2013. Join me in celebrating life, blessings, and friendship in abundance this year.

Cheers!

No comments: