Tuesday, October 15, 2013

Fitgirl is Going Primal...again..

The past few months have been filled with exciting changes.  I started a new job as a consultant, and for the first time in my professional career, I have a position with a significant travel component.  I was seriously stressing out about eating right and exercising while on my business travels.  I also adopted a primal-keto diet (which essentially is following Mark Sisson's Primal Blueprint eating plan, keeping carbs in the 'sweet spot' of 50 grams per day). I tried this eating plan several times in the past, and it just never came together for me.  I think it was simply an issue of where my mindspace was at the time.  I was re-inspired to try it again, as one of my close friends (who is also a co-worker) started following a keto diet (which is very similar), and I saw him drop 30+ pounds in a very short period of time. He is healthy, bloodwork has improved, and body composition is just great. Seeing someone close to me adopt this lifesytle and transform himself was a real inspiration to try it again.

In order to begin eating primally, I had to calculate my macronutrient profile. Then, my breakdown of proteins, fats, and carbs for each day.  It took me several weeks to feel comfortable eating so much fat in my diet.  I'm still transitioning, but I am finding that I eat significantly less at each meal, and I am full and satisfied for HOURS on end.

Anyway, I'm considering starting a new blog devoted to my primal journey. I've found so many excellent recipes that I want to share. I'll post a link to the new blogspot when I'm ready to share.

I can't believe we are in 4Q2013 already!  I have big plans body composition wise to close out the year.  My 36th birthday is 2 days after Christmas, and I have an amazing dress that I want to wear as my culminating event in my transformation.  I'm progressing well towards my goal.

Cheers!

No comments: