Sunday, September 06, 2009

The end of the summer

Well, summer is coming to a close; 4 months left in this year! I'm actually looking forward to it! I have alot planned for the fall. I'm furthering my education, and my ultimate goal is to get myself back in shape to compete next April! I'm striving to go back to figure, which will be a major task. However, my system has been through so much over the past 2 years, I may not achieve that goal. But, I am feeling strong and mentally focused, so I will get darn close. My goal for the end of this year is to lean out and have incredible end of year holidays!

What are you working on in the last 4 months of the year? How will you challenge yourself? What new goal have you set? Whatever you choose, the important thing is to choose one and work toward it every day until you get there. Don't give up! There will be days when you want to, but you just have to keep going. If you mess up, acknowledge it and keep going.

I was reflecting today on when I dropped 30 pounds for my figure competitions back in 2004. As much as I enjoy looking at the pictures of that particular goal, I really think back on the dedication and focus that it took to get there. For me, that was the most admirable part. It took over a year of strict dieting and hard training to make it to that stage,and it was a goal that I never thought I could attain. The ironic thing is that when I competed in figure, I placed horribly. However, placing wasn't the important thing to me. My focus was to get in the best shape of my life and enjoy showing it off on stage! That mission was definitely accomplished. Contrast that to when I competed in bodybuilding 2 years later. I placed first, but I felt like the challenge wasn't nearly as tough as getting ready for figure. I am so proud of my 1st place trophy, but I wanted that feeling of attaing a goal that was such a high bar to reach. My body has been through alot over the past 2 years, and I don't know if I'll ever get there again...but I'm finally ready to commit and say that I'm damn sure going to try!

Have a great rest of 2009!! I'll check-in periodically. I'm working with more clients, and simultaneously updating my ATX Fitness Underground blog, so I don't always have time to update my personal blog. I look forward to seeing what y'all are up to as well.

No comments: