Monday, July 22, 2013

Paying it Forward

The past 2 weeks have been really great.  I've been a little off-focus with my own workouts, but I've been focused on paying it forward.  I'm now working out with a former co-worker (and friend).  She was having some challenges with her weight, and I knew I could help.  So, I asked her to become my workout partner.  It helps me remain accountable as well. 

Tonight, we had our 4th workout, and the energy and results are amazing.  It's so nice to have a friend to 'share the pain'.  She gave me the best compliment in that she was starting to see results already.  She said that her jeans fit looser this past Friday.  She's never lifted weights or even seen a kettlebell.  I've only taught her swings and deadlifts so far, but her body is responding very nicely (as is mine).  I'm getting my spark back.  I'm proud of her, but just a reminder that paying it forward helps the giver as well as the recipient.

Have an awesome week, everyone!

No comments: