Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Art of Strength (AoS) Continuing Education Weekend

We just returned from a trip to Providence, RI for the long awaited AoS training & certification weekend. I still have to complete my test for official certification with the required 16kg kettlebell weight, but the weekend was incredible! Despite my injured elbow, I was still able to work hard. I also derived a great deal of coaching techniques to bring back home for our ATXU clients! It was an excellent compliment to the kettlebell workshop that we hosted at our facility last week. I learned some exciting new ideas that I will use to incrementally progress our clients through the challenging circuit training sessions that we design. I have alot of goodies up my sleeve :-)

We received education in the following areas: ropes gone wild, bandit loops (similar to TRX), kettlebells (of course), vintage strength training, & tabata implementations.

Here are a few photos of the weekend (and of me getting the job done - don't let the pink fool ya! those shot-loaded suckers were heavy!):

No comments: