The purpose of this blog is to chronicle all of my fitness endeavors, from bodybuilding to kettlebell instruction and everything in between. There have been many trials and tribulations along the way. I hope to motivate, inspire, and encourage someone who may need support. I also share workouts, videos, and other fitness related information.
Oh. My. Goodness. I made primal pancakes for breakfast this morning. They were so fantastic. I modified a recipe that I found on Mark's Daily Apple.
Fitgirl's Sunday Morning Primal Pancake Recipe
1 small ripe banana
1/3 cup almond flour
Splash almond milk (unsweetened)
Capful vanilla extract
Sugar-Free Syrup (I like Carey's)
1/4 cup fresh blueberries
1. Preheat griddle to 400 degrees.
2. Mash 1/2 of the ripe banana in a bowl.
3. Add cinnamon & vanilla to the mashed banana, and stir together until well incorporated.
4. Add almond flour and mix together.
5. Put splash of coconut oil or PAM onto hot griddle.
6. Pour pancake batter onto hot griddle. It is best to keep pancakes small in size so that they cook well.
7. Wait until the pancake edges turn brown in color and then flip the pancakes.
8. Top with butter, sugar-free syrup, remaining 1/2 banana, blueberries, and 4 crushed pecans.
The original recipe called for 1 egg, which I omitted since I already had a side of scrambled eggs ready to go with breakfast. I was in heaven eating this breakfast! My batter yielded 2 small pancakes. I also used the wrong measuring cup for my blueberries, and wound up topping with 1/3 cup instead of 1/4 cup. Oh well :-). My batter seemed to need to cook for quite some time in order to cook fully (maybe because of the missing egg) and were kind of dense. Next time, I will try to add an egg white, beaten to stiff peaks to try to make them more fluffy. My nephews are visiting for the summer, and I can't wait to give these a try for them.