Saturday, June 04, 2011

Refreshing Summer Drink...Strawberry Mango Crush

Okay, so it isn't officially summer for another 3 weeks, but the weather has been so fantastic that I enjoyed a lovely drink this evening on the porch.  I call this recipe a Strawberry Mango Crush. I made mine without alcohol, but I'm sure this would be equally refreshing with a splash of Vodka or Malibu Rum.  Here's the super simple recipe.  Add a cute little umbrella and enjoy!

FitGirl's Strawberry Mango Crush
Ingredients
Ice Cubes
Fresh Strawberries (3-4 depending on size)
Flesh of 1 Mango
Stevia (my stevia has a measuring spoon, so I used 1 spoonful)
Lemon Juice (approx 1-2 tsp)
Water (about 1-2 oz)

Directions
I simply added all ingredients to my Vitamix in the order listed and let it blend for about a minute. I'd suggest starting with just a tiny bit of water and adding more as needed, depending upon how juicy your fruits are.  It was such a delicious drink!!  Forgive my picture. I was almost finished with my drink when I realized that I hadn't snapped a picture - LOL!

I'm sure it would be great with any fresh fruit combination. I'll try it with raspberries and lime juice next time!

No comments: