Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving!!

Well, my favorite holiday is finally here!!  I absolutely love Thanksgiving.  There is so much to be thankful for.  Even when times get tough, reflect on the aspects of life that you are truly grateful for and those grey clouds seem to go away every time :-)

Today, I will be enjoying Thanksgiving with one of my close girlfriends.  I started my day off by taking an indoor cycling class at Flywheel in Plano.  I've been wanting to try out the facility for the past several months, so I figured that today was a good day.  It's pricey, but the concept of the gym was fun.  The instructor was pleasant and her tunes were nice. 

Ever since WSSC, I realized that my cycling endurance have greatly diminished since I stopped teaching classes.  I want to focus on improving my overall endurance, particularly on the bike since I love it so much. 

As I mentioned a few months ago, I plan to start filming workouts and posting them here for your use and enjoyment.  That will be a major accomplishment for me (and a way of overcoming an aversion - the video camera - oh my!).  I've been doing some research on the best type of equipment and lighting.  Once I figure it all out, I will share my journey and workouts with you through video!   My goal is to have the first video posted in time for the new year. 

I really miss teaching.  I realized long ago that it is my gift.  A friend of mine whom I haven't seen in years mentioned that she hasn't found a spinning instructor that motivated her the way that I did when she took my classes in Austin.  I also find that I have had a hard time finding an instructor locally whom I click with.  Flywheel was a nice studio, I liked the layout, but I don't see myself attending on a regular basis (mostly because at $25 per class, I can't afford to do so).  I think this will be a great way to reach those former clients and friends whom I used to teach, while bringing the energy back and gaining new followers. 

If anyone has ideas regarding cost effective equipment and lighting strategies, I'm all ears!  I want to produce quality workouts for you to enjoy!

Happy Thanksgiving, and try to remember the reason behind the holiday.

No comments: