Monday, November 04, 2013

Reminder: Consistency

The past week has been really great.  I was able to lift 4 out of 7 days last week, which was my stretch goal.  I was also able to keep my eating pretty much on target.  The result?  I dropped 5 pounds!!  I didn't stress out or overthink things, as per usual.  I just planned my meals, packed my lunch bag, equipped myself with options while on the road, and set a specific time to go to the gym each day.  I feel amazing, in mind, body, and spirit.  I wake up each day excited for the things that I want to accomplish professionally and for the day's challenge after work in the gym.  I haven't felt this way in a long time.

I am truly grateful for the chance to continue improving my life, and I am taking things one day at a time.  When I feel tired or like dismissing my daily routine, I think of those who may not be able to go to the gym or take in the sunshine or walk up a flight of stairs.  I have a close first cousin who has terminal sarcoidosis (at the tender age of 43).  When I feel like complaining, I think of her.  No matter how much you feel like giving up, as long as you are given a new day to try, seize the opportunity.  She reminds me of that every single day.  She has a very difficult time even breathing, but she continues to fight with every new day that she is given.  Helps you keep things in perspective, huh?

Ergo, all this to say: I have been reminded that being consistently consistent with nutrition and exercise is the only way to accomplishing ones health & fitness goals.  A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing.

Totally Random:
How beautiful is this picture of Rhianna?!?  She is the new 2014 face of Mac's VivaGlam campaign.  Excellent choice!
 photo riri-mac-1_zps0449d21a.jpg

No comments: