Sunday, December 09, 2007

Some Encouraging Words & My Next MUST HAVE Purchase

Yesterday was a beautiful day on many fronts. Not only was the weather gorgeous, but I spent the morning searching for locations to open my gym, had a phenomenal workout, ran into some nice people at the track who were inquiring about kettlebell training, had friends over for the Mayweather/Hatton fight, and managed to squeeze in a little Christmas shopping.

Anyway, I was on could 9 after receiving the following comments on my progress from my trainer: "Your progress is great so far and I am impressed with how well you have handled the circuits which are far from easy. I will keep your competition goals in mind moving forward and think you will find you lean out super fast with the training and diet. As you know diet is at least 60% of fat loss if not more so the combo will be very effective." (I start my pre-competition diet in a few weeks, and am currently cleansing).

In my spare time, I like to research underground training methods and tools. I hope that my boyfriend gets me some ropes for Christmas, because technically they were the next tool on the list :-). That being said, I was pumped up after reviewing the Prowler on Youtube and by trainers Joe DeFranco & Zach Even-Esh. I am definitely going to invest in one of these puppies for my gym (and my personal enjoyment). It's actually at the top of the list now; this little piece of equipment rocks!!! I don't know if any of you have done sled dragging before, but the prowler is apparently like a sled on steroids :-) I enjoy sled dragging/pulling, and I was considering getting a traditional dragging sled next year. However, now that I've seen the prowler in action, my decision is clear. Here are 2 videos: the first is Joe Defranco (my new crush, BTW) discussing the benefits of the prowler and why he uses it. the second is a group of football players executing prowler sprints supersetted with kettlebell swings as part of their conditioning training....gotta love it! These boys look soooo tired; I don't think I've ever seen such lack luster swings in my life - LOL. Bless their hearts, though...they tried!



1 comment:

Jennifer said...

Nia,
Don't you just love days when everything falls into place?! It's always nice to get nice open-minded questions about kettlebells, too, as opposed to some jack-ass who just wants to know how to more ignorantly make fun of something he doesn't understand.
The prowler looks awesome. I'm with you, though. Those boys need some pushing on those swings. I didn't know they could be done so slowly.