Monday, July 12, 2010

Providence, Ropes & a batting cage

Well, I decided to do Providence again today. I brought along a pair of 12kg kettlebells, my rope, and went to the gym to workout outside. First of all, let me just say that I'd forgotten how taxing working out under the blazing sun can be! LOL :-) I used my audio version of providence, which has a slightly faster tempo than the drills in the DVD, IMO. I completed rounds 1-13, added in some rope drills during the breaks, and some getups at the end. I was going to flip some tires as well, but I was purely exhausted when I finshed my hour-long session.  I also skipped the 3:00 snatch test at the end.

I'd fully intended to get a cardio session in before bed. However, we decided to go to the batting cage yesterday evening, so I used that as my cardio supplement instead. Luckily (or unluckily,depending on how you look at it), my softball machine at the batting cage was broken. Meaning, that I was only supposed to get 30 pitches, but my machine never stopped pitching. So, I batted for a good 30 minutes or so. I worked up a major sweat during the process of batting, picking up balls, re-loading the machine, etc. It was fun! I haven't been to a batting cage literally since my softball days in high school. I had fun and will do it again!

No comments: