Saturday, July 24, 2010

Awesome Circuit Conditioning Workout

I have an incredible workout planned tonight after work. I'm actually really excited about hitting the gym, and I'm trying to make sure to get all of my meals in (on time) to fuel my efforts. I'll post about it later...

Ciao for now...

Okay...so this was hands down the best workout I've done in a while. My heart rate was elevated the ENTIRE time -- like pumping out of my chest hard -- and the workout was spectacular. I took my rope and kettlebells to the gym today, and I worked the type of circuit that I'd always wanted to do but couldn't because of lack of equipment. I was finally able to mix strength machines and toys.

Here's what it looked like:

Circuit 1 (4 sets, 1st set was warm-up @ 20 reps)
Seated Leg Extension
Prone Hamstring Curl
Ropes Gone Wild 0:30 secs
Kettlebell 0:30 secs (varied swings, squats, etc)

Circuit 2 (3 sets, 12 reps/exercise)
Seated Row
Incline Bench Press
Kettlebell 0:30 secs (squats, windmills, TGU's - did 1 per side)

Circuit 3 (2 sets)
Box Squat (new exercise, only did 2 sets)

Circuit 4 (3 sets)
DB Military Press
1-Arm DB Tricep Extension
Kettlebell

Finisher
Snatches 2:00, alt 5 reps/side

I felt the fat and everything else melt off of me today. Not to mention it was nice and hot outside, so I got a nice detox as well.  I almost hurled..but managed to keep it down :-) LOL I didn't want to embarass myself at the gym! HA!

No comments: