Monday, February 14, 2011

Week #6: Adding Turbo Fire

I've decided to start adding Turbo Fire workouts to my P90X rotation. I did my first one tonight - Fire 45 EZ, and I loved it!  It was SO MUCH FUN!!! My heart rate was high the entire time. I was so tired, but I didn't want to stop. I was a bit hesitant about the set at first because I thought it was going to be dancey.  I was pleasantly surprised! Yeah, it was a little dancey, but the fun factor more than made up for it :-). The workout was high energy, and I was so pumped when I was finished.  OH - and the music was GREAT!!!  It reminds me of an updated version of the original tae bo workouts.  This is alot of fun! I actually plan to do an Insanity rotation in May or June. Based upon my experience with the first TF workout, I feel like doing the turbo fire workouts consistently will really improve my conditioning and get me ready for Insanity.

The instructor, Chalene Johnson, has so much energy. She is a well seasoned, motivating instructor. Her form is outstanding.  She is so motivating and inspiring - both as an instructor and with her killer physique. The rest of the cast is also in AMAZING shape I might add. I got a little lost on some of the moves, but I'm sure they will come with time. I didn't try that 'new to class' option. I just wanted to see how much of it I could get as-is. I was amazed that I burned over 500 calories in 40 minutes (I started my HRM 5 minutes into the workout). The workout moved fast and time just flew by. 

After Turbo Fire, I grabbed a quick snack and finished my workout with 50 minutes of incline treadmill walking. I've been really trying to focus on finding the right speed that keeps my heart rate out of the anaerobic zone.  I am a high intensity junkie, but I've been trying to keep my cardio workouts balanced (i.e. some high intensity, some steady state).

Anyway, Week 6 is starting off great! Tomorrow, I'll do a TF HIIT workout and P90X: Chest & Back for strength.

Turbo Fire Infomercial
Here is the TurboFire infomercial for those unaware.
BTW - I have no affiliation with Beach Body, nor am I a Beach Body Coach. I simply own and like several of their home fitness programs, including P90X, P90X+, Insanity, and Turbo Fire. I plan to add Asylum (the follow-on to Insansity) and P90X: MC2 (the follow-on to P90X) when they are released later this year.

No comments: