Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Day 10 Workout & Results

Day 10: Tues, Jan 12, 2010
I started off my day with a 30 minute strength circuit. I was feeling full of energy this morning, so I had an awesome workout! I plan to do my swings tonight.

My hands are healing much slower than I'd anticipated. I'm considering modifying my challenge a bit in lieu of this slow development. Here is what I think I'm going to do for the next week or so as a challenge modification:
1) 5 Days/Week: Abbreviate my time period to 15 minutes, but I'll be doing swings for the entire time period. My challenge will just be to see how many swings I can do in 15 minutes. I think that a good target would be 250-300, but we'll see how it goes...
2) 2 Days/Week: I will focus on just snatches 2x/week, with the same goal of 50/side (100 total).

Well, Tuesdays are clearly proving to be my obstacle with this challenge. I started my day off with a strength circuit routine (25 mins) in the morning to get back on track. Since I coach spin class on Tuesday nights, my intention was to do the challenge afterwards. Tuesday class is typically full, and I don't always get to ride. When I finished class, my legs were pretty swollen from being on my feet. I came home to eat, and I wound up doing another 25-minute strength circuit instead of my challenge. I just didn't feel like it today...Tuesdays are definitely a roadblocker (mentally & physically) for me... Wednesday - here I come :-)

No comments: