Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Tonight's Workout: FitGirl's Bikes & Bells Class

Tonight, I have my "Bikes & Bells" class with my clients. I've been feeling out of it for the past 2 days. All I've wanted to do is sleep, and I have been feeling incredibly (unusually) dizzy all day today. I'm not sure if I have a touch of food poisoning.  I made some korean style short ribs last night, but I bought the meat on Friday night. It may have sat too long in the fridge.  Anyway, I hope to make it through my workout tonight. I'll post back with the verdict..lol...

ETA: This workout was JUST what I needed!!  It was kick a$$ and FANTASTIC!!  The body of our workout was right at 60 minutes, with about 7 minutes of stretching and post-workout chatter :-). 

I set my GymBoss in manual mode with 2 intervals (5:00 and 3:30 to allow 30-seconds to transition off the bike to the bells).  This was one tough workout!!  Here's how we broke it down:

Warm-up: 5:00 on bike
Bike: 5:00 speed drills
Bells: 3:00 Swings @ 24kg (even did some 1H swings...a first for me!)
Bike: 5:00 Jumps on Hill
Bells: 3:00 Snatches (alt 3/side) @ 16kg
Bike: 5:00 Hills (4:00 at Standing Climb)
Bells: 3:00 Alternate between 5 Squats & 5 Alt. Lunges @ 16kg
Bike: 5:00 Sprints (4-0:30 sprints, mixed with recovery on flat)
Bells: 3:00 Triple Threat with Squat used 12kg and 16kg -- was really tough to curl 16kg
Bike: 5:00 Breakaways x 3
Cool-Down: 5:00 on bike
STRETCH

I burned about 740 calories with this workout (and my HRM is calibrated per my resting heart rate and limits are set using the Karvonean formula, so it's relatively accurate as far as estimated calorie expenditure is concerned.) 

Anyway, give this workout a shot if you have an indoor cycling bike at home!

No comments: