Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Skogg Roots Level 1

This morning I finally had a chance to do the first Skogg workout.  Since it's been a while since I've done any structured kettlebell work, I decided to start the program from the beginning.  I started with the Roots workout, Level 1.  It was short, but very effective. I can't believe how tired I was from just doing basic kettlebell movements for time.  I used my 16kg for the workout, except for the warmup where I used my 9kg bell (halos).  I'm sure that my endurance will improve after a week of getting back into the swing.  I can't believe how 'normal' the 16kg feels to me now for most activities.

Michael was a wonderful instructor, and I liked how the workouts were filmed. I felt motivated and determined for the workout duration.

The workout was so simple, but that is where the beauty was for me!  1:00 Rounds followed by 1:00 of rest. The exercises were done on one side and then on the other. I made sure to start with my left (non-dominant) side, a trick I picked up from my good friend Mippa :-). 

1H Swings
Cleans
Cleans & Presses
Squats
High Pulls
Snatches

Deceptively simple, people...

No comments: