Monday, July 07, 2008

Keith Weber's Extreme KB Cardio

My trainer was sick today, so I was left to train on my own (no worries). The "Extreme Kettlebell Cardio" DVD by Keith Weber arrived today, so I decided to give it a try. I am actually really sore from Newport and softball, so I decided to only do a portion of the workout. I struggled through it - LOL. All I kept thinking was "man, I am really deconditioned with my KB training." It almost felt like taking baby steps all over again. However, I'm confident that in a few weeks, I'll be readjusted to my KBs; after all, it has been since January that I really consistently trained with them. Anyway, I digress....

Keith's DVD is nicely put together. I really like how he emphasizes left side first, as this is my non-dominant side. He also had a nice flow to the combinations, and it was definitely an intense workout. Dividing into 6 distinct workouts allows for a great deal of flexibility to either do all 6 routines in a single workout session or to allow you to mix and match or do one each day. Today I did the manmaker, part of the swing workout, and part of the core workout. This is an endurance based, follow-along workout that can be most paralleled (IMO) to AoS Newport. I'll have fun alternating between this workout and Newport. Keith has a different style than Anthony, but he is a good, motivating instructor.

For more information on this DVD, check out www.dragondoor.com.

I followed up my workout with some dedicated stretching and then did some housework. I hope that I'm not quite as sore tomorrow. I plan to do an endurance spin class and maybe some running (ugh!). I'm toying with the idea of doing a reverse Duathlon in October (12 mile bike, 3 mile run, 12 mile bike). To me this is a much better option than run-bike-run :-) I despise running, but I really want to participate in a multi-sport event, and I figure I can tolerate a mixture of running & biking. Since I'm not a good swimmer, triathlons are out of the question. I'm also considering doing the Livestrong ride in Austin in October. All this in addition to 3 shows...a tad risky, but you only live once :-)

Sleep well, and I'll check in tomorrow.

Thanks!

No comments: