Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Hit the road after 1 week off

Last week I didn't get out on my bike at all (due to the rain and not feeling well), and I was really itching to do so. Yesterday was goreous, so I got out for a 31 minute ride yesterday evening. I did the ride without my cycling shoes, and boy was it slightly awkward; I certainly wasn't expecting that reaction. The headwinds were kind of heavy, but I feel like I got a good workout in. I did 6 miles of mainly flat terrain (had one small hill as part of the course). I practiced getting comfortale shifting gears and pumping it out in 100 degree weather. I can't believe that the reverse duatholon is 24 miles with a 3-mile run in the middle...aye! I am still going to train for it, though. I think it will be a rewarding experience. I'm planning to go on a group ride this weekend through downtown and by campus. One of my best friends is coming to town, and I'll take her to the Veloway for a ride.

Until then,

Holla!

No comments: