Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Some Evening Recreational Riding

So far this week, I've done quite a bit of recreational riding on Black Magic. I've been using her before my strength workouts. I've been taking J's nephews out bike riding for about an hour each night. This helps me get used to my bike and gets them some exercise and bonding time with me. We've been having a great time.

This morning, I participated in an ACA hosted ride of 1.5 hours. It was mostly flat terrain, and I used my clipless pedals successfully (no falls)!! I got used to starting/stopping, successfully traversing intersections/stop signs, and learned more about proper gear shifting. It was a productive (and fun) time. I took the morning off work to allow for this excursion.

Here's my training so far this week:

Mon, 6/30:
5:30PM - Bike with nephews (45 mins)
7:30PM - Chest & Shoulder workout with Jerry

Tues, 7/1:

I was pretty tired, so I didn't strength train.
7:00PM - Bike with nephews (60 mins)

Wed, 7/2:
9-10:30AM - ACA Ride (90 mins)
6:35-7:00PM - ride around my surrounding neighborhood (sans nephews; worked up a good sweat; tried to mix flat & rolling terrain)
7:45-8:15 - back & arm circuit with my trainer
10:15-11PM - Ab Ripper X & Stretching

I also ordered the Extreme KB Cardio workout by Ken Weber, and I will plan to do that when it arrives. Tomorrow will be a leg workout with Jerry, and tonight was back & arms.

Train hard!

No comments: