Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Monday's Workout - 1/2 Marsh

Well, I decided to start running training in the hopes of completing a duathalon. I am taking the next 4 weeks to do prep work for half marathon training. It should help condition me for the 3 mile run that is part of my 12 mi-bike/3-mi run/12 mi bike duathlon at the end of October. This will be interesting, as it will be the weekend just before the 2 shows that I want to do. Let's see if I can stick with it; I'll have to see if it adversely impacts my training & competition prep.

1 mile warm-up
2 mile 1/2 marsh on hills (run hard up hill, recover on downhill and straightaways)
1 mile cool-down & stretching
workout time: 1 hour, 10 mins

I really need to work on my endurance. As I've stated previously, I am not a runner and would prefer not to be. I am not conditioned for running, and I don't know how to run properly. However, I've always wanted to complete a multi-sport event, and I figure that a backwards duatholon (with 2 bike legs & 1 run leg) is more doable than 1 bike leg and 2 run legs; definitely a better option for me than anything that includes swimming. Anyway, I can only go up from here. I don't think that I'll ever form a lifelong love or desire to run, but I would like to improve and tolerate it. I did better than I expected during the workout, though!

No comments: