Thursday, April 16, 2009

Stairs & Spinning

Wow! I was so excited for this morning to get here that I actually had a hard time sleeping. I was really excited about the challenge of doing something new today, and that's exactly what I did! This morning I got up and headed to Mt. Bonnell to run the stairs. My plan was to get in 20 minutes, but I actually did 30, and made 6 laps up & down the 102-stair path (one-way). Two of the laps I ran the perimeter of the mountain (i.e. up the stairs, across the scenic path, down the trail, and back to the beginning). I was very proud of myself. I had my heart rate monitor on, because I was really curious as to how intense this would be. Turns out it was the perfect interval workout. Running up the stairs, my heart rate got into the anerobic zones; in the recovery periods of the workout, my heart rate naturally dropped. I'm looking forward to trying this out again. thank goodness for my water backpack and an overcast morning :-)

later this evening, I coached spin class, and was able to ride. We did an interval, all-terrain, loop style ride. I was holding back a little bit because I was sweating profusely and I kept losing my voice, but I think that everyone had a challening workout and a good time. I love teaching at the Riata...everyone is so friendly and they all seem to enjoy a good challenge. They bring out the best in me!

Tomorrow I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I think that I want to get on my rower & elliptical in the morning for about 30 minutes total. I have a long "to-do" list, so we'll see what happens....I did really well with my nutritional compliance today as well, so I'm pretty proud of myself. i was starving after spin class, though, so I at a bit more than I should have especially since I didn't get my pre-workout meal in. I figure that it all balances out, though.

Anyway, until then, have a lovely evening!

No comments: