Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 13: A better day, finally

Today has been really great so far.  I spent about an hour this morning finally filling my Wavemaster. I really wanted to use my bag later today for a kickboxing workout. Not to mention, I've been teaching my clients some shadow boxing, and I wanted to fill it for them to make some real contact with the bag.  It took me so long to fill that thing, and it was so messy.  I decided to fill it with sand and water this time around. Anyway, it's ready to rock now, so maybe I'll use it later tonight or tomorrow.  Anyway, I digress...

This afternoon, I had my best workout of the week so far thanks to my AWESOME accountability partner.  Today was our first workout together.  Her energy was so fantastic, and just what I needed. We are going to work well together. She really pushed me through one of my nemesis exercises (squats), and it was great!  For the record: Hoff, I want to look like you when I grow up :-)

Exercise Component: We did a deck of cards with all kettlebell movements.
Warm-up: 200 Swings (140 2H swings, 40 1H swings, 20 H2H swings)

Deck of Cards Workout: (all reps done on each side, except for squats)
Hearts: 1H Swings
Diamonds: Push Presses
Clubs: Snatch/High Pulls
Spades: Squats
Aces & Faces: 10 Reps
Jokers: REST

Cool-down: 200 Swings
I plan to get in some additional cardio later today.

Nutrition Component: My eating today has also been very good and back on track. My mood is still up & down, but at least for right now, I feel like I'm in a good place. 
Hope everyone is having a great weekend so far!

No comments: