Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 15: Late Start, but Good Day

Today is a full day of work, clients, and other stuff. I'm going to do my best to keep the stress levels at bay and just enjoy getting things done one at a time.

I was a bit off schedule this morning.  I woke up, tended to a few things around the house, took my supplments, and immediately started working.  I'd fully intended on doing my morning workout, eating, and then starting my work day.  However, the minute I sit down at the computer to do something "quickly," I wind up spending time accomplishing other tasks on my to-do list.  Anyway, I was still able to get in my morning workout before continuing on with my day. However, my eating schedule has been somewhat compressed as a result.

Exercise Component
I wanted to get a treadmill workout in first thing to continue flushing the lactic acid and soreness from my body.  Boy, it was actually just what I needed!  I took a break around 9AM to get 45 minutes on the treadmill done. I mostly walked and jogged at various speeds and inclines.  I think that this week I will reintroduce more walking (either treadmill or outdoors) into my routine, striving for 20-30 minutes each day to supplement everything else that I'm doing.  The good thing is that the analgesic cream was still on my skin, and I felt my muscles warming and responding to it during and after my workout.

Later today, I still plan to get in a Skogg Flow workout, but I haven't quite decided which level to do.  I will more than likely lighten up the weight since I'm still pretty sore, probably to 12kg.  I want to get some additional stretching and foam rolling in at some point today as well, probably before I go to bed.

Updated to add: I did Skogg Flow at level 3 with the 12kg tonight.  However, I cut and filed my calluses over the weekend.  Unfortunately, I filed them too low, and they started to tear and blister slightly. So, I stopped the kettlebell portion of my workout early.  I made it up the ladder from rungs 1 to 5.  It felt great. I love Flow. It's my favorite workout in the series.  I can't wait to really tackle it with the 16kg. Anyway, until my hands heal, I'd better train smart and do short KB workouts with moderate weight.  I should know better than to have trimmed them so low; I was being somewhat vain and not wanting to have hard, rough calluses when shaking hands in a professional setting. 

Nutritrion Component 
As a result of my workout, I was kind of late eating my first meal. I'll do my best to get back on schedule throughout the day. Updated to Add: Mission accomplished. My eating today was rock solid and in 100% compliance. I recovered even after a late start. I also managed to get in all of my supplements as well.  I haven't felt hungry or had any sugar cravings today.  Yippeee!!  I also drank plenty of water and have generally felt good today (though still a bit sore).  BTW - I am sooo on a quinoa kick (as if you couldn't tell from the quinoa for breakfast recipe post earlier today). I can't wait to have some for breakfast tomorrow morning. I also had some for dinner tonight :-)  I love the fact that it counts as a carbohydrate/starch and has a substantial amount of protein as well.  I think that's why my main meals have been so filling today because of the protein, healthy fat, and carbohydrate combination.

Make it a great one, people!

No comments: