Sunday, April 17, 2011

Day 14: Sunday is a good day

Well, today has been really good thus far.  I will preface by saying that I am indeed sore from yesterday's deck of cards workout (the squats for sure).  However, I have a positive attitude and have been operating according to schedule today.  I'm feeling good about how this day will finish up.

Nutrition Component
Today my supplementation, eating, and hydration have all been excellent.  I've been eating on schedule and am on track to get in all 5 meals today.  The same with the water intake.  I'll be well over 1 Gallon before the night is up.  I made a delicious lunch today after my cardio workout.  It was a homemade chicken salad over a bed of spinach, tomato, cucumber, and a few pieces of avocado.  It was filling and fantastic.  I plan to eat some bison, quinoa, and salad for dinner, post-workout #2.  I also started a new supplementation regimen today.  I am looking forward to how it will impact my results in a few weeks.

Exercise Component
I'd planned to get a cardio workout in this morning before church, but that didn't happen. So, I did my cardio this afternoon around 3PM.  I got in 35 minutes on the elliptical, and kept my heart rate pretty high the entire time. I did an interval style workout for the majority of the session.  My legs were a little sore, but I pushed through it.  I needed to flush out the lactic acid from yesterday's workout. I finished my day off by doing Asylum: Speed & Agility, followed by 15-minutes of Asylum: Relief.  Let me just say that Asylum is no joke!  It was so tough. I went at my own pace and have alot to work up to.  Adding the extra stretching at the end really helped my already sore muscles!!  I also did some foam rolling and applied analgesic cream (think: Icy Hot) before bed.

Plan for Tomorrow
Tomorrow will present a Skogg workout.  I want to do Level 3 Flow with my workout partner.  Though, I'm really sore right now, and I'll have to play it by ear.  It may behoove me to move my next kettlebell workout to Tuesday and get in cardio & stretching tomorrow instead. We will see what happens after a good night's rest....

No comments: