Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Skogg 60-Day Challenge: Day 3 + Overcoming Plateaus

I've been getting to bed later than usual this week, and it's catching up with me.  Today I woke up feeling very tired, and I slept in a little later than usual. I haven't been resting that well (alot on my mind these days).  I'm also kind of sore today.  Anyway, here's my plan for the day, and I'll update at the end of the night with my results.   

Nutrition Component
I started my day off with a solid breakfast, and plan to get a workout in either at lunch time or after my clients; it all depends on how I feel energy-wise. I also plan to make another shrimp/avocado/spinach salad today!  YUMMY! :-)  ETA: I missed one of my evening meals due to spending time with my clients.  I didn't overdo it for my last meal to compensate, but I did eat it much later than usual (around 11PM).  My BF and I watched "Unstoppable" late last night, and I didn't get to bed until after 1AM.

Exercise Component
I plan to do a Skogg Intervals Level 2 workout today. I would also like to get in some cardio, and I've planned to either do a spinning workout or the elliptical.
ETA: I wound upon only getting in the Skogg workout today. I did Ladders at L2, but only made it through the first 3 rungs at 16kg.  I was so exhausted, so I stopped my workout there.  I actually got about 30 minutes in, as I did some swing and high pull drills before the DVD.  My hands were also killing me last night, so I just decided to stop early instead of risk injury or over-exertion.

Some Reading on Overcoming Plateaus
Last night before bed, I read a post that Marcus Martinez of MBody Strength wrote about plateaus.  He entitled it "Push or Be Pushed." For me, it was a very timely post, and I found some good inspiration from it.  I've been hitting plateaus left and right over the past 2 years, but I haven't given up.   In fact, today, I hit a major milestone. I dropped 5.4 pounds in the past 6 days from good clean eating, consistent exercise, and not giving up!

I also found last night's episode of The Biggest Loser to have been a good one. I can definitely relate to what Courtney is going through with her plateaus. Her positive attitude about it all is very refreshing, and she helped give me a pep talk too.   Here's a link to last night's episode (Week 14) on nbc.com if you missed it. I have the utmost respect for the contestants on this show. They seem to really treasure the gift they've been given, and I really like the personalities of the people on the 'couples' show vs. the original. I also like the new trainers, Brett & Cara.

Have a great day, everyone!

No comments: