Friday, April 08, 2011

Day 5: No Workout + A Much Needed Massage

My stress levels have been through the roof lately.  Today was yet another long interview day (about 4 hours straight).  I was so exhausted when I got home, and I still had yet another interview pending yesterday (which never happened).  So, instead of exercising last night, I took some time off and got a long overdue massage.  The knots in my shoulders and neck were becoming unbearable.  The pain became especially prevalent the other night when I was doing snatches; my traps, neck, and shoulders were very tense and sore, and not from DOMS.  It literally felt like the knots and tension were so strong that there was no blood circulating through those areas of my body.  So, I took the night off and gave my body what it needed.  I'm positive that I'll be sore tomorrow - LOL - but it will be worth it.  I used to get massages twice a month to address these stress issues, but that was a few years ago when I could afford it regularly.

Anyway, good night all...tomorrow is a new day!

No comments: