Saturday, January 15, 2011

P90X: Back & Biceps

I was feeling pretty good today, so I added on some activities to my workouts.  I did a 3 mile walk/jog prior to P90X: Back & Biceps.   I took about an hour break in between so that I wouldn't compromise my lifting.  The lifting session was great!  I think that the Back & Biceps workout moves really quickly.  I really focused on executing each rep well. I didn't really increase weight from last week, but I hope to do so in Phase 2.  It was a fun workout.

In addition to this, I also did a set of 100 swings and 5 rounds of sandbag squat variations while I was watching TV.  I punked out on the swings and used my 12kg bell. I know better - lol. I should at least be using 16kg for swings.  For the sandbag squats, my rounds were about 45 seconds and went like this: rounds 1 - 3: squat & kick; round 4 & 5: squat jumps.

I didn't do XStretch - maybe tomorrow.

I'm looking forward to next week, as it will officially mark the longest amount of time I've actually stuck with the P90X program to date :-).  My goal is to lift as heavy as possible doing high rep workouts and intense cardio.  I plan to thoroughly kick my own arce next week :-). Time to BRING IT!

No comments: