Seriously, this workout rocked and has quickly earned a spot on my 'favorite workouts' list!!! This is my first workout purchase of Patrick's, but I have seen him on FitTV in the past. He is excellent. I did the 60-minute workout. There is also a 10-minute add-on abdominal section, which I didn't do. You need 2 sets of weights - medium and heavy. I chose 15's and 20's. They were right for me for most of the workout (had to make a few adjustments here and there). Note - There are no water breaks in this puppy. It just keeps moving.
Anyway, here are some of my thoughts regarding the workout:
- Moved quickly and was well sequenced
- High energy music that kept me moving
- Patrick's cueing was simply outstanding!
- Very creative combinations
- Kept me challenged for the entire workout
- Strong, effective warmup that gradually increased heart rate. But, once it was up, it was up (high) for the rest of the workout I was actually anaerobic for the majority of the workout.
- No dread factor - even on the more challenging moves, I didn't feel intimidated. I at least had the courage to try everything.
- Patrick has a wonderful personality and teaching style. I loved him!
In conclusion, I'm going to even go so far as to say that this workout gives Paul Katami's Hollywood Bootcamp 4x4 a run for its money. That is saying alot because, like so many of us on the forum, I really thought that Paul's Bootcamp workout was/is a 5-star bootcamp workout. This workout isn't the same structure as Paul's (i.e. 4:00 blocks of work with 0:30 rest), but I would still categorize it as a bootcamp style, circuit training workout. I am so ELATED to have both of these workouts in my collection!!
Here's a trailer of the workout if you haven't seen it.