Thursday, January 20, 2011

Skipped Kenpo X this week and did Paul Katami Hollywood Bootcamp 4x4

Tonight, my plan was to do the Kenpo Cardio+ immediately followed by Kenpo X.  Well, that didn't happen...Instead, I did 10 mins of P90X+ Kenpo Cardio+ and wasn't really feeling the workout.

I'll probably need to do the workout a few more times before I decide if I actually like it. I don't think it had the same energy as the original Kenpo X, which was kind of disappointing. Tony's teaching in this one also seemed a little 'off'. I hope that I'll grow to like this one as much as I like the original Kenpo X. I didn't really care for Kenpo X the first time either, but once I got the workout down, I was able to concentrate on increasing my intensity. Now, it kicks my butt (in a good way), and I love it!

So, after my 10 minutes of Kenpo Cardio+, I decided to do a bootcamp workout.  I broke out Paul Katami's Hollywood 4x4 Bootcamp. Oh how I love this workout, and I adore Paul!  I actually did the full bootcamp workout this time around. I did this workout today (for the second time since owning it) in its entirety. The first time I did it, I was time constrained and only did the first 2 rounds (2x) and the 3rd round (1x). Whewww!!! I was proud of myself for getting through it. It's really tough!

I used 12# Dumbells for all of the weighted exercises except for the upper cross. I tried the upper cross with 3# and 5# weights this time around (first time I used 8# and that was near impossible to last the full minute). I cannot give enough praise for this workout! My only minor grievance with the workout is that it isn't chaptered. That's the only suggestion that I can offer to Paul moving forward.

I am trying not to do this workout too much, as I have several others that I am trying to squeeze into my rotation. Since I'm doing my P90X rotation at the moment, I'm trying to get in at least 1 full body circuit/conditioning workout in per week. So, I'm trying to rotate through my DVD library.  However, I just can't help being drawn to Katami's workout!

Anyway, it was a good workout, and I felt accomplished afterwards!

No comments: